PURPOSE AND FUNCTIONS
- To support the aims of Llanidloes High School
- To represent the whole school community in a contributory, advisory, creative and decision-making process by overseeing the purpose and functions of the school as expressed in the School Education Act 1999.
- To contribute to the School’s Improvement Plan
The functions of the Llanidloes High School Council are to take part in:-
- Establish and review from time to time, the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- Formulating codes of conduct for students at the school.
- Promote the school in the community
A School Council does not take part in the day to day management of the school or its staff. The School Council will not consider personal issues relating to individual pupils, staff or others.
A copy of the School Council’s constitution should be made available for all registered pupils.
The Llanidloes High School Council shall consist of:
- An Assistant Headteacher
- One Year leader
- Area Leader for Health & Wellbeing
- One staff member – Clerk
- 2 Elected members from each year group by secret ballot
- Additional members to represent other areas e.g. SEN and Welsh Medium Education.